This recipe has the best flavor!! Full of so much healthy goodness (starting with the pasture raised pork, of course!). It’s great right away or even as leftovers (and this is coming from someone who is not a leftover fan).
Dishes like this that you eat in a lettuce wrap or cup are really great for summer meals. It’s hardy enough that you feel satisfied, but refreshing too with the array of veggies. It also is not overly spicy. In fact, if you really like a lot of heat to yours, I would suggest adding more serrano chili than just the 1/2.
If you want some rice on the side, it would be an excellent addition; or if you are following a low carb or ketogenic protocol than I would suggest riced cauliflower cooked with butter or ghee (or even coconut oil) with some fresh lime squeezed over it.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups diced, seeded cucumber
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced carrot
- ¼ cup fresh, chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup salted, dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- ½ serrano chili, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 16 Boston lettuce leaves
- Combine pork, ginger and garlic and let stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over med-high. Add pork mixture to skillet and cook until pork is crumbled and browned (about 5 minutes).
- Put the cooked pork in a large bowl. Add the cucumber, bell pepper, carrot, cilantro, chopped peanuts and chili; stir to combine.
- Combine lime juice and fish sauce in a small bowl. Add the juice mixture to the pork mixture and mix well.
- Divide the pork mixture evenly between each lettuce leaf.
Buy Pork for this Recipe
Get pasture raised pork delivered to your door. Zero antibiotics. Zero added hormones. Raised on non-GMO feed!
Check out some of the other pasture raised pork options that we offer! We have individual items to choose from as well as boxes and bulk orders.