This delicious dish is so easy and is like a taco bowl. Again, a win for cauliflower rice for all you who are following a low carb/keto protocol! The flavor in this recipe is amazing without being overpowering or too spicy (if hot is your thing you can for sure add to it). Recipe adapted from newsronian.com.
- 1 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (1 cup)
- 2 cups chopped bell pepper (any color)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Few dashes cayenne pepper, (optional)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 2 (10 oz) pkgs. frozen cauliflower rice, cooked according to package instructions and seasoned with salt
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Heat 1 Tbsp olive or avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes then add in bell peppers, season with salt and pepper and sauté until starting to soften, about 6 minutes.
Transfer pepper mixture to a plate and set aside.
Brown the beef in a skillet and season with salt and pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin and cayenne.
Cook for a few minutes then stir in tomatoes and pepper mixture and warm through, about 1 minute. Stir in parsley.
Layer in a bowl the cauliflower rice, pepper/beef mixture and top with cheddar cheese (optional).