It doesn’t have to be a challenge to have delicious meals and appetizers during the holidays that are also good for you (and don’t derail you)! We stick to low carb during the holidays and even those who aren’t following the same protocol LOVE the food! You can’t go wrong with healthy fats, lots of great herbs and spices in addition to your pasture raised meat! In fact, when you load up on the good stuff and make sure to have lots of protein, the cravings for the garbage just aren’t as strong!
Enjoy this delicious recipe that can be switched up with different flavors very easily!
- 1 lb ground pork (sometimes I use Italian, sometimes I use plain)
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- Pink himalayan or sea salt, as desired
- Ground pepper, as desired
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (more or less depending on preference)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1) Preheat your oven to 350F. Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems.
2) In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground pork then move it to a large mixing bowl.
3) Add the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and combine. Add salt and pepper as desired.
4) Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
5) Put the prepared mushrooms into a casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes, until the mushrooms are soft and the cheese is golden.