This is such a good, healthy soup especially for this time of year when kids are back in school, and all the germs are running amuck! Plus, there’s nothing quite like soup in a crockpot on a Fall Day!
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped carrot
- 2 ham hocks, from pasture raised pork of course!
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground Black Pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes (include the juices)
- 6 cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 Bay leaves
- Pink Himalayan Salt, to taste
- 1/2 lemon, sliced (optional for taste and as a garnish)
Add all ingredients, minus the sliced lemon, into your crockpot and cook on high for 6 hours (clearly you can cook it longer at a lower setting). Add more salt as needed.
Garnish with lemons slices and enjoy this immune boosting, antioxidant rich soup!!