If you are a low carb /keto fan, this is for you! Of course, even the non-keto person will LOVE this. We are huge jalapeño popper fans, so this was quite a treat! It's a pretty easy recipe to make as well, which is always a win.
2 lbs grass fed beef
3/4 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 slices thin cut bacon
8 ounces cream cheese
3/4 cup Mexican blend cheese
2 diced jalapeños, sautéed
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. In a large bowl mix together the meatloaf ingredients. Divide and place half in a 10.5" cast iron skillet in the shape of a large meatloaf. Make a divot in the middle.
3. In a medium bowl mix together the filling ingredients until combined, transfer to the center of the meatloaf then top it with the remaining meatloaf mixture. Press together the sides to seal in the filling.
4. Wrap the bacon around the top of the meatloaf slightly tucking in the ends underneath the loaf.
5. Transfer to the oven and bake for 60-70 minutes until the bacon is crispy and the internal temperature reaches 165° F. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Recipe adapted from www.castironketo.net