There’s nothing like a fresh salad with juicy berries for a delicious summer dinner! Easy and little cooking involved for those hot days. I love using Sun Valley Mustard for recipes and of course this one did not disappoint! It’s so great with chicken!
We offer several varieties of mustard flavors. I used Chardonnay for this recipe, but I think a number of them would have been just as good!
- Cooked, whole chicken (you’ll want 3+ cups of bite size pieces of chicken)
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive or avocado oil
- 2 tsp gourmet mustard
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1.5 cups berries of choice (sliced if necessary)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or mint leaves (I used mint leaves from my herb garden, and it was amazing)
- Pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Remove meat from chicken and cut into bite sized pieces.
- In a small bowl combine the shallot, red wine vinegar, mustard and a pinch of pink Himalayan salt and fresh ground pepper. Whisk.
- Keep whisking as you add in the oil of choice.
- Place all of your greens, berries and chicken in a salad bowl or dish into individual bowls/plates.
- Garnish with mint or basil and drizzle with dressing!
Buy Chicken for this Recipe
Get fresh chicken delivered to your door. Buy chicken in bulk from a whole fryer chickens to drum sticks and chicken wings.
These meat chickens are raised on a pasture in moveable pens so that they are given the opportunity to be on fresh grass every day.