I’ve said this here before, but I used to hate pork chops! I learned only recently that it’s all about how you cook them. Not only were these juicy and tender, but obviously there was a bunch of deliciousness stuffed into them!
This keto/low carb pork chop recipe is super filling. You really don’t need any kind of a side dish served with it.
There is a lot of dairy in this recipe. I always opt for organic when I can and definitely go for products without added hormones.
For the mayonnaise I opt for something made with olive or avocado oil. I avoid industrial seed oils like canola, corn and soy as much as possible! These are highly inflammatory!
Just like with our meat choices, all of this has an added impact over time!
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 5 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Pink Himalayan salt (to taste)
- Fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Crushed red pepper (to taste)
- 4 pork chops (pasture raised)
- 2 Tbsp olive or avocado oil, divided
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, artichoke hearts, spinach, garlic, mozzarella, parmesan and desired amount of salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Combine well.
- Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Cut slits into the thick parts of the chops deep enough so you can fill them with roughly 1.5 Tbsp of the spinach artichoke filling.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of the oil over medium heat. Cook 2 pork chops at a time until they are cooked through (around 4-5 minutes per side).