It is soup and chili weather in Oregon this weekend and I am feeling “all things Fall”, so I made this Pumpkin Keto Chili recipe (it’s one of my favorites!). The pumpkin is absolutely not overpowering or sweet and the spices are a perfect blend for this! I like mine a little smoky so I used fire roasted diced tomatoes and smoked chipotle in mine.
The great thing about this recipe is that it’s pretty quick, so no need to plan to have it in the crockpot all day! It just cooks on the stovetop and once you have all the ingredients in there it’s ready in about an hour!
- 2 lbs grass fed ground beef (I’m doing 1 lb ground beef and 1 lb ground chicken this time just for fun)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 32oz 100% tomato juice
- 1 – 28oz can diced tomatoes (do not drain) – I like fire roasted
- 1 – 15oz can 100% pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper or smoked chipotle
- 2 tsp cumin
- Pink Himalayan or sea salt as needed
Brown the meat in a large pot over medium heat. Strain and then put back in the pot.
Add the chopped union and pepper to the pot with the meat, cooking until the onions become translucent (3-5 minutes)
Add in the rest of the ingredients and let simmer on low for 30 minutes.
Taste your chili, adjust seasonings as you like and cook for another 30 minutes.
Serve with whatever toppings you’d like!