You will NOT miss the noodles in this soup! It is SO flavorful and filling! Made with chicken bone broth, it is the perfect immune booster as well during the colder months.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 20 oz Italian sausage, cooked, drained
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups chicken bone broth (more if you want yours more “soupy”)
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (do not drain – I like using fire roasted!)
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp chopped basil
- ½ tsp pink himalayan salt or sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
In a large pot, heat olive oil over med-high heat on the stove.
Add onion, carrots and garlic. Cook for a couple minutes. Add cooked sausage. Combine well and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add remaining veggies and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients: oregano, bay leaves, chicken bone broth, tomatoes, red pepper flakes, basil salt & pepper. Cook 10 minutes and serve!