Lots of delicious flavor with this recipe, especially if you add the thyme! Easy to get the ingredients for this ready ahead of time so you can pop them in the oven right before guests arrive!
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage, cooked + crumbled
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 tsp pink himalayan or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 16 small portobello mushrooms (cleaned, stems + gills removed)
- *thyme for garnish
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients (obviously aside from the mushrooms).
Spoon the sausage mixture into the mushroom caps. Put them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes.
Serve warm with thyme as a garnish!