Brisket is so easy in the instant pot! This recipe is simple and takes less than 2 hours to make. Great to make ahead for the week!
I made some cauliflower mash and keto ranch biscuits to go along with this brisket. This is kind of a comfort food type of meal…but it’s so nutrient dense and low carb (especially if you use bone broth instead of regular broth).
- 1- 2 ½ to 3 pound brisket (excess fat trimmed)
- 2-3 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into thin strips
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup beef bone broth canned or homemade
- 1 cup beer (substitute with more beef broth if preferred)
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
Generously sprinkle salt and pepper over entire brisket.
Once the Instant Pot has warmed up, add 2 tablespoon oil. Place brisket in the pot. Let meat sear for 5 minutes per side.
Buy Beef for this Recipe
Brisket is a cut of meat from the breast or lower chest of beef or veal. The brisket muscles include the superficial and deep pectorals which consists of a lot of connective tissue.