This is a perfect, easy one-dish-meal if you are wanting something quick and nutrient dense! AND, it’s low carb for you keto fans! Cauliflower is a perfect lower carb option if you are used to potatoes in your recipe. If you are skeptical (I was!), just try it!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil (divided</em)>
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (from one medium head)
- 1 tsp salt (we use pink Himalayan salt, stay away from nutrient depleted, processed table salt! – divided)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (divided)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic (minced</em)>
- 1 pound grass fed and finished ground beef
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive or avocado oil in a large, oven proof skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the cauliflower and season with a 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
Cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes, until the cauliflower just starts to brown.
Pour in the water, cover, and cook the cauliflower, stirring occasionally, until it’s just fork-tender – about 3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Lower the heat to medium and add the remaining olive oil to the skillet.
Add the garlic and cook for just 30 seconds, then add the ground beef. Season with the remaining salt and pepper. Continue to cook, breaking up the beef until it’s cooked through.
Stir in tomato paste, heavy whipping cream and 1/4 cup of the cheese.
Add the cauliflower back in, top with the remaining cheese and transfer skillet to the oven.
Bake about 5 minutes, just until cheese is melted.
Top with Parsley and serve hot!
Recipe adapted from deliciouslittlebites.com