This is a great twist on a breakfast bake. Don’t let the word enchilada scare you if you are a low carb/keto person. There are no tortillas in this dish! The flavor is amazing and you can make it more spicy or less, depending on how much of the chili pepper you use, and any extras. I added sriracha on ours because I love a little kick!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup mild diced green chiles
- 2 Tbsp chili powder (adjust according to your taste)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 12 oz riced cauliflower (fresh or frozen)
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 12 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped baby spinach
- Pptional garnish: cilantro, avocado, black olives, green onion, ranch, hot sauce, shredded cheese, sour cream
Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
In a large skillet over medium to medium high heat, sauté the beef, onion, green chiles, and spices until the beef is cooked through. Stir in the cauliflower rice and tomato paste until well combined.
In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with heavy whipping cream. Add the chopped spinach and stir.
Layer the beef mixture into the dish, followed by eggs poured over top.
Sprinkle with olives & green onion if using, and transfer to the oven.
Bake for 35 minutes or until set. Top with garnishes of your choice & serve hot!
Recipe adapted from justjessieb.com