Raise your hand if you love a big pulled pork sandwich! This is a favorite at our house. We love experimenting with recipes and recently entered the Instant Pot world! It sure is awesome making something in so much less time than what it would take in a crock pot!
This recipe brought in some awesome flavor both with the bacon bourbon pulled pork and the fennel apple slaw!! So good!!
INGREDIENTS (Bacon Bourbon Pulled Pork)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds pork loin
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (you can use a keto friendly version like Swerve to keep it low carb)
- ½ cup bourbon
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- * optional: BBQ Sauce
Combine garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Massage over all sides of pork loin for 1 minute. Place pork in instant pot
Mix brown sugar, bourbon, and apple cider vinegar together in a bowl and pour over pork loin. Close slow cooker.
Cook on high about 2.5 hours until pork is tender, (8 to 10 hours in a slow cooker/crock pot).
Remove pork from instant pot and shred with 2 forks. Mix bacon into the shredded pork.
*Add BBQ sauce in or on it as an option!
INGREDIENTS (Fennel Apple Slaw)
- 1/4 head green cabbage
- 2 fennel bulbs – cored
- 2 green apples
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (we use avocado oil based and avoid canola and soy as they are highly processed and inflammatory)
- 3 Tbsp sugar (monk fruit sweetener is a good low carb option)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 green onions – sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
Thinly slice cabbage, fennel, apples, green onions and parsley. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mayo, sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, heavy whipping cream and salt.
Add in sliced ingredients and toss together until well combined.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.