Pork chop lovers, this is for you!! Actually, I was NOT a pork chop lover until recently and this recipe is to die for! Not only is it super delicious, it’s also low carb! It is very rich and feels like quite a treat with the heavy cream and bacon (are you drooling yet?).
We use organic heavy cream, and of course pasture raised pork (including our bacon). Quality is SO important when it comes to our health! All our meat is raised without antibiotics or added hormones. Enjoy this amazing recipe!
- 6 strips bacon, uncooked
- 2 lb pork loin chops
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme (leaves only)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil *if needed
- 2 tablespoons flour (omit for KETO friendly version)
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Chop bacon into small pieces. Place bacon in a large skillet, cook on medium heat until cooked thoroughly. Remove bacon from to a plate, leaving the fat in.
2. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. In the same pan, with the bacon grease, (on high-medium heat), cook the pork chops 4 minutes on each side, until seared. Remove the pork chops from the pan to a plate.
3. Add sliced mushrooms and minced garlic to the bacon grease in the pan. (If needed, add 1 tablespoon olive oil.) Season with salt, to taste. Sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring, until mushrooms soften. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flour all over the mushrooms and stir the flour in.
4. Add chicken broth and raise the heat to bring to boil, stirring consistently. Once the flour and broth is smooth, add heavy cream and stir it in allowing to boil until everything is smooth again; reduce heat to low.
5. Add the pork chops and the bacon into the pan. Cook on low heat, covered, until the pork chops are cooked through.
6. To serve, top pork chops with mushroom and bacon mixture and with more fresh thyme leaves.