PLEASE NOTE: An order of a 1/4 beef will typically be shipped 7-9 weeks after order date.
Average weight is around 85 lbs.
These are the cuts included in a 1/4 beef (exact numbers of cuts can vary):
- Short ribs: 4 lbs
- Brisket or Tri-tip: 1 (3-5 lbs)
- Tenderloin: 1.5 lbs
- Rib Steak (Bone in Rib Eye): 3 lbs
- Top sirloin: 1-2 lbs
- Other steaks (Skirt, Flank,Chuck): 2-3 lbs
- Carne Asada (thinly sliced steak): 2 lbs
- Roasts: 3-4 or 9-12lbs (Chuck, Cross rib, Pot roast)
- Stew meat: 3 lbs
- Meaty neck bones/Shank: 4lbs
- Beef bones: 2 packs (8lbs)
- Ground beef: 30 lbs
- Kabob meat:2 lbs
- Club Steak (Bone in NY) or T-Bone: 4 lbs
- Beef brats: OPTIONAL: A portion of your ground beef can be substituted for brats
- Pepperoni: OPTIONAL: A portion of your ground beef can be substituted for pepperoni
A quarter beef will feed a family of four for about 4-6 months. It will fit in a freezer that is at minimum 3 cubic feet. Everything is wrapped to maintain freshness for at least a year.
This box will be shipped directly to your door, packed in a lined box with 100% recycled, 1" insulator and dry ice to assure it is frozen upon delivery.
PLEASE NOTE: An order of a 1/4 beef will be shipped 7-9 weeks from date of order (this will speed up once we are through the Holiday busyness typically around February).
Vacuum seal option: All steaks are individually wrapped and ground beef comes in 1 lb packages. Vacuum seal will last 2-3 years in the freezer (.76lb extra).
Standard cut and wrap: everything is wrapped in butcher paper. The steaks come 2 to a pack and the ground beef comes in 2 lb packs.
Will last 1-2 years in the freezer.
PAUSE... I am on the fence between super and amazing, the meat quality is fantastic and the flavor is amazing. I was very concerned with the packaging but so far this is turning out o be a great buy.
Oregon Valley Farm was so nice and communicative throughout the whole process. The order took an extra 2 weeks due to the volume of orders they had and they were nice enough to throw in an extra brisket for the wait. We will definitely be ordering again in a few months after we but a dent into our shipment. So far we have made pho from the beef bones, used the ground beef to make burgers, and used the chuck roast and we are amazed at the quality.
Was looking for more flavor. Haven't had all cuts yet.